Are you starting to make your Christmas cards yet? if so, then make sure you keep reading as today I am sharing with you an easy card to make to get you started with your Christmas cards!
Also, today I am participating in a blog hop which theme is Christmas in July. So make sure you follow the blog hop and visit all participating blogs as you will be getting a lot of inspiration to get you excited and ready to start crafting!
Easy Christmas Card to make!
As I was mentioning before I want to share with you an easy Christmas card you can make to get you started for the holidays.. I know we are still in July and you might be thinking that there are still several months to get ready, but believe me, Christmas will be here before you know it! So let’s make a few cards each month to not stress in December.. what do you think?
For this card I use the Most Wonderful Time Product Medley from Stampin’ Up! which it’s a great bundle of products that include the patterned paper, the stamp set, the die set, and embellishments! Pretty much everything you need except for cardstock and inkpads!
I love using coordinating products like this Medley because it is so much easier to come up with card ideas! Specially cause you focus on the products you have on hand and get going.. you get less overwhelmed! seriously try it out and let me know how it goes.. Below you can see the card that I made with this set of products..
The Color Combination
As usual I followed the color combination from the designer series paper (DSP) a.k.a. patterned paper on this medley. If you ever are struggling finding color combinations, just look at any patterned paper you like and select a few colors from it! it really is that simple 😉
Christmas Cards Details
Below are the instructions you can follow to make these cards, you will see how easy this is
Cardstock: Card base – Real Red 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″, Old Olive 5″ x 3 3/4″, 1/2″ x 3″ and scraps to stamp and die cut, Whisper White 4 7/8″ x 3 5/8″ , Gold Foil scraps to die cut
Designer Series Paper: Red pattern 3/4″ x 3 1/2″
- Fold the card base in half using the bone folder
- stamp the tree image onto the Whisper White cardstock using the Old Olive ink pad. To get two tones, you can stamp once first on a scratch paper and then onto the Whisper White.
- Sponge a little of Pool Party onto the sky area of the Whisper White cardstock
- Glue the Whisper White cardstock onto the Old Olive cardstock and then glue this piece onto the card front
- Stamp the tree with Old Olive ink onto the Old Olive cardstock and die cut it
- Add highlights to the tree with the blender pen and the Old Olive ink and then add Wink of Stella to add the glimmery look on the tree
- Glue the tree onto the Whisper White cardstock using dimensionals
- Add color to the bottom of the trees using the Pool Party light stampin’ blend
- Add the deer sticker to the side of the tree using dimensionals
- Die cut the star with the Gold Foil and add it to the top of the tree, and add a star on top of the gold foil star.
- Stamp the sentiment with Early Espresso onto Old Olive strip and cut the banner ends using the tailored tag punch
- Cut the banner ends on the patterned paper strip using the tailored tag punch
- Glue the Old Olive strip onto the patterned paper strip and this piece onto the card front
Additional inspiration for Christmas Cards
If you loved the Most Wonderful Time Product Medley and want to make more Christmas cards, then you can check out this online card class.
This Christmas card class includes 8 handmade cards all different designs using the Most Wonderful Time Product Medley. And as usual it is all in Video Tutorials so you get more tips and tricks!
There are two options to get this card class. Option 1 is getting Product Medley from my online store (links below on the supply list) during the month of August. And I will mail the make and take kit for FREE the first weekend in September.
Note: If you get the Product Medley after August, you will only get the Tutorial for FREE. Just email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to make sure you get this tutorial.
The Blog Hop Line Up!
As I mentioned before, today I am participating in a blog hop that is all about Christmas in July!! so make sure you visit all the participating blogs! I know you will get lots and lots of inspiration!
Below you can see the full line up! Right now you are at Alejandra Gomez – Creating with Allie – USA
The Supply List
You can see below the full list of Items I used to make these cards, if you click on the images below it will take you to my online store where you can purchase any of these items. I truly appreciate your continuous support 🥰
Want to remember this post for later? Save this Easy Handmade Christmas Card idea in your favorite board!