I shared last week that I love playing with sketches, mainly because this is a great way to come up with ideas for handmade cards.
If you are new to sketches you can read this post where I share a lot of information about how to select sketches, how to change them and how you can use them to get inspiration over and over any time you feel not crafty.
So today I wanted to share with you a sketch challenge a fellow demonstrator is hosting.. this is the first one! so hopefully she keeps bringing them again, as I love a good sketch challenge, don’t you agree?
Playing with Sketches
Here is the sketch for the challenge. As you can see this is a simple sketch, which are the best type of sketches to play with, if you ask me!
Simple sketches are the best because they allow you to be very creative and change the sketch in multiple ways. So if you are not feeling creating, this is the best way to go.
This is a great way to challenge yourself to see how many looks you can get with only one sketch and therefore your creative juices start flowing! I am not kidding you! try it out!
And below you can see the card that I came up with using this sketch! I truly enjoyed playing with this one!
For my entry to this challenge I decided to use the circle as a window to stamp the sentiment on my card. I also paired two of my favorite stamp sets: “The Gorgeous Posies and the Ridiculously Awesome”
The Gorgeous Posies is actually a stamp set that compliments the Gorgeous Posies Project kit. Which is a beautiful card kit, that makes 16 cards. 4 of each 4 different designs. You can see them below! Don’t you love these cards?
The Color Combination
I used the color combination on this card kit as inspiration for my entry to this challenge. Not sure if I have share this with you, but Purple is my FAVORITE color!! you might not know that, since I almost never use it on my projects ha! Therefore I fell in love with this project kit the minute I saw the colors! and as you can see I could not resist myself to make a card using this color combination! Below you can see them together!
Card stock (CS) : Card base – Purple Posy 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″, Card front 3 7/8″ x 5 1/8″ , Whisper White 4″ x 5 1/4″ and scraps to stamp and cut
- Fold card base in half using bone folder
- Die cut the largest circle from the stitched shapes dies on the card front (Purple Posy CS)
- Emboss the Card front using the Subtle embossing folder
- Lay the Card front on top of the Whisper White and stamp the sentiment with Smoky Slate onto the Whisper White CS where the circle is. TIP – Do this before you glue anything, so if you don’t like it you can flip the Whisper White and try again
- Glue down the Whisper White onto the card base using stamp seal
- Glue the card front onto the Whisper White using dimensionals
- Stamp the flower using Heather Highland ink, the dots with memento ink and cut it with paper snips
- Stamp two leaves with Pear Pizzazz, fill the leaves using the blender pen and the Pear Pizzazz, then stamp the leave details using Soft Suede.
- Cut the leaves using paper snips
- Glue the Leaves and the flower onto the card front using dimensionals and glue dots
So as you can see this card was super easy to make when you are playing with sketches! Try it out any time you feel like your creative mojo has gone! I am sure you will get creative in no time!!!
The Supply List
You can see below the full list of Items I used to make these cards, if you click on the images below it will take you to my online store where you can purchase any of these items. I truly appreciate your continuous support 🥰
Want to remember this post for later? Save this Friendship card idea in your favorite board!